I take your right to privacy seriously and I will never share your email address, or any information you submit to aliwade.com, with anyone else, or send you any marketing emails without your explicit consent.
Please read on for details of how information you share with me (Ali Wade) throughout this site (aliwade.com) is used.
An area of aliwade.com stores online cookies on your own computer, for your convenience:
- Blog: If you leave a comment on my blog, WordPress creates a cookie on your computer for your convenience, so you won’t need to re-type your name, email address (and, optionally, website URL) again if you want to leave another comment.
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your web browser options.
Third Party Affiliate Marketing Networks
You may choose to subscribe to the AliWadeLifeWithGuineaPigs blog updates via WordPress. If you provide your email address via the subscribe page, you will be automatically emailed with a copy of every blog post I publish. You may unsubscribe at any time using the ‘Unsubscribe’ link provided in every email.
To leave a comment on the AliWadeLifeWithGuineaPigs blog, you must submit a name and email address. If you subscribe to comment notifications on the post you comment on, you will receive a notification email for every new comment. You may unsubscribe at any time using the ‘Unsubscribe’ link provided in every email.
Otherwise, your email address will only be used if I need to personally respond to a question you asked me (if a public response via the blog is inappropriate).
No marketing emails will ever be sent as a result of you commenting on the AliWadeLifeWithGuineaPigs blog.
Alison Wade is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
This means that I’ll make a small commission if you click through from one of my links to Amazon and then make a purchase, but using my link will never cost you anything extra, and I only ever recommend products that I use and would recommend anyway.
I may also on occasion use affiliate links to other websites that provide products and services, but I would only ever do so in the context of a product/service I was going to link to with or without the affiliate link, and I would never misrepresent my opinion of any product/service in an attempt to convince you to buy something! Using my links will never cost you anything extra and I only ever recommend products that I use and would recommend anyway.
This additional information describes how and when I collect, use, and share information when you purchase an item from me, contact me, or otherwise use my services through aliwade.com.
Information I Collect
To subscribe to my mailing list or blog updates, you need only provide me with your email address. To comment on my blog, you must provide your name, email address (and, optionally, website).
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list or subscribing to my emailed blog updates;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information only to comply with laws and regulations. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
I retain your personal information only for as long as necessary to provide you with my services and to comply with my legal and regulatory obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce my agreements.
- For my mailing list and blog update services, your personal information is retained only while you are a subscriber, and deleted when you unsubscribe from the service(s).
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Alison Wade, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at email@example.com. Alternatively, you may mail me: Alison Wade, AliWadeLifestyle, Lower Tancredston, Hayscastle, Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, SA62 5PX, UK.
Last Updated: 8th October 2020